Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/2.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 24/2.8
From: "Paul.Riethmuller" <Paul.Riethmuller@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:10:30 -0800 (PST)
Chris Linek <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Another Camera shop near me had a couple 2nd hand Zuikos on offer.
>
> There was this nice looking 28/2 sitting there, winking at me.  I'm in the
> market for at 24/2.8 but I figured, maybe a 28'd be nice too.
>
> Oh no, that's One THOUSAND seven hundred and ninety seven dollars.

Aussie dollars.  It's not a rip-off, but there's not one cent of discount.

I think I priced the same lense a few days before you!  That is the
list price for a brand new 28/2 in AUD$, GST inclusive.  My shop didn't
have the 35-105 though, but has some 2nd hand Auto TTL gear, all at prices
above CamTech's new pricing.  Camtech's price for a new 28/2 is a little
better, too, and if a new 28/2.8 will satisfy you, you'll save a bundle
over the f2.  There was a brand new T20 in the display case as well.

Paul