Re: [OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?

Subject: Re: [OM] Beware of foreign entanglements?
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 21:21:56 +0000
Peter

I had a similar problem with 2 sales I have just made. Both winners were US, one in Florida, one in Ramstein AB (Germany). Both asked me if I accepted USD (clearly stated GBP in the auction) and were at a loss when I insisted on UKP! Eventually, I accepted PayPal (error!) from the FL resident, and the chap at Ramstein sent me a banker's draft (cashier's cheque). I received the PayPal payment 10days after agreeing to it and the banker's draft 22 days after the end of the auction.

In future, I will probably play hardball if the winner is unable to work out how to pay me after I have made sufficient suggestions. That said, BidPay works well to the US so your French friend should be able to sort out his end. The only snag with international posting is that it is uninsured to the US, and expensive to insure from the US ... oh and the import duty at the other end, but that is not your problem ;-).

Chris