[OM] and now for a real question... trip to antartica...

Subject: [OM] and now for a real question... trip to antartica...
From: "Stephan VAN DEN ZEGEL" <svandenzegel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 21:18:04 +0100
a friend of mine... biologist leaves in february for a scientifical mission
in antartica (Brrrrr....)
since is not a professional photographer and comes from a poor university...
(and goes with a poor antartic scientifical ship)... he wants to take some
of his own photographical equipment with him...
last time he went there he took some old canon A1 and canon lenses... but he
had lot of problems with almost everything... from film winding to
focusing... not speaking about electronics...

I proposed him to prepare some stuffs...

an old but fonctionnal OM1
a goossens lunasix... with spot extension (could be kept in the pocket...)
some lenses... (50, 28, 135)
and may be an old novoflex 400mm  (birds... birds...)

Since he his a good friend of mine and I have some redundant old stuffs... I
will be very kind in lending him some of my beloved zuiko things... but

What are the risk for the equipment (due to extreme cold weather ) other
than the usual risks linked with salt water... and so on...?
Do you know any tricks that could be used... I thought of having the lenses
gears lubrified with very fluid stuff... or even to design or modify a case
with a system to try to keep the film above -10°C...

Any experience in this field... ?
Thanks...