Re: [OM] PICS

Subject: Re: [OM] PICS
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 01:35:08 +0800
Check the following DOF table you will know it is true. Try to input some
figures e.g a 85mm lens for 35mm system and 150mm for 6x6 system. They both
have more or less has the same angle of coverage, so that at the same
magnification the object distance is the same. You can see the DOF in 6x6
system is smaller and most important the 150mm lens's out-focus effect has
much sharper change, the background will be very soft even they are not far
away from the object (focus point).

That is why you need to stop down more for medium and larger format in order
to obtain the same DOF in 35mm.

http://members.home.net/gillettm/DOF.html

C.H.Ling