RE: [OM] Macro methods

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro methods
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:55:19 -0700
> I think the answer to your question then (given this
> new info) is a macro lens with extension tubes. The
> reason I say this is because I think it will be
> difficult or very expensive to get a 1:1 macro lens.

 Not necessarily true; I picked up a Vivitar 55mm macro lens that'll get
down to 1:1 for US$65 BIN from evilbay -- some samples:

http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/Autumn_In_Calgary/puff3.jpg
http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/Autumn_In_Calgary/puff6.jpg
http://www.danielmitchell.net/gallery/albums/LakeMinnewanka/Moss.jpg

 It's certainly sharp enough; one minor disadvantage is that it changes zoom
as you focus in, which makes framing a bit fiddlier than I'd like, but I can
live with that.

 -- dan