[OM] Proposal for the digest members - and lenses

Subject: [OM] Proposal for the digest members - and lenses
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:57:23 +1300
Hello Per

I use Pegasus e-mail program - free - 5 million users, made in Dunedin NZ;
and Opera browser, Made in Norway - also can be free (fastest browser ever!!)

I have no problem replying to posts.

I just double click on the address of the sender, and a new message appears
ready to go with the address there. I add the Group address manually (easy),
and the subject name is a simple cut and paste.

So is whatever I want to add from the letter I'm responding to..

Now: a couple of questions

Is it only the 50/1.8 that has the "Maiden Japan" oops "Made in Japan"
name? That signifies extra-good.

If not, what else?

The Tokina 400/OM.  I had one once for a few days on appro, and I still have
a very sharp transparency from it. But - I was in the throes of raising little
kids, and funds were in short supply and even the $140 asked was too much
- so I returned it.

Now I find that others also are impressed with the performance of this lens,
and I'm considering quitting my 300/4.5 in favour of one should I find one.

Can somebody tell me what price  these are going for these days?

Brian