Re: [OM] Macro methods

Subject: Re: [OM] Macro methods
From: Clendon Gibson <bsandyman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 08:16:39 -0800 (PST)
I cannot really speak to the lenses you are asking
about.

You mentioned though that extension tubes and close up
lenses where stop-gap measures, which is not correct.

The macro lens you want to use instead is designed to
do what a regular lens with an extension tube does.
It's simply all built into one package.

In order to get the lens to focus closer, it has to be
moved farther from the film plane. That's physics.

The only reason to avoid close up lenses is if you are
woried about introducing distortions from having
another lens in front of the main lens. I have had
excellant results with close up lenses, but have not
done any blow-ups, so you may want to avoid these.