[OM] First Olympus

Subject: [OM] First Olympus
From: Poirier Fabien <fabien.poirier-renexter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:52:49 +0100
My first olympus is a OM2N, I bought it in september and use it with a
50/3.5 macro, a 28/2.8 and a 65-200 zoom. I took 4 rolls during a 10
days treck in Corsica. I am currently trying to find the good way to
scan theses shots without loosing too much quality to put them on the
web. I like insects, flowers and mushrooms as subjects with the macro
lens. I am waiting for a 300 tele that I just bought via the web and
will try it for wildlife in forest as soon as possible, if there is
enough place in my backpack because all this stuff take some place. I
also own a T32 to ligth these winter close-up shots. A 25 mm auto
extention tube will also arrive by post soon and give me the ability to
get a little bit more magnification. Then I will stop buying for a while
and use all these glass as much as I can.

I have made (grinding and polishing, lambda/12) a 250mm diameter
newtownian mirror to build a telescope (1465 mm of focal length) and the
OM was for this usage first, but I do love this camera for other kind of
usage, light body and very sharp images with good contrast. I have to
wait until I quit Paris to the south of France (end 2002) to find clear
skys and really experiment astro photos (like during a week above the
highest village of Europe in winter 2001
http://perso.libertysurf.fr/lecleire/st-veran/st-veran.html, the moon's
shots and night landscapes of mountains are done with an OM1... and a
600mm diameter telescope for the moon, quite a big telephoto, sorry
these pages are in French). But I do macro for now and it's amazing.

I also plan to take photos here in Paris, there is so much to do with
all these olds buildings and streets. I like to try night pictures too.

Good shots.
Fabien