Re: [OM] Keh bargain lenses?

Subject: Re: [OM] Keh bargain lenses?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:08:56 -0700
One day I put KEH to the acid test and bought my 35-70mm f3.6 there. It was listed as being in "Bargain" condition. The glass was clear with no mars, the zoom and focus actions positive throughout their entire excursions. The rubber zoom ribs show minor wear, and there are signs of paint rubbed, a minor scratch here or there, etc, and that's about it. Functionally, it's about what B&H would sell for half again as much listed in "Excellent" or "Excellent+" shape.

Speaking of B&H, if they happen one day to be out of something you want ask them who else might be a reliable house to go to. I think I already know what they'll tell you, but try it yourself. (For sure it won't be their good friends Adorama down the road. <g>)

Tris

I have bought a couple of lenses from Keh that were classified excellent
and they were. I have my eye on a Zuiko that is a bargain lens.  Would a
bargain lens be worth buying or should I stay away.
Thanks,
Bob