[OM] Photography (was: I Pulled a "Real Stupid")

Subject: [OM] Photography (was: I Pulled a "Real Stupid")
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 03:54:03 +0200
While this is one of my favorite 21/2 shots, although it is too dark here --
the print is fabulous:
http://scales.tzo.com:200/35mm/sanantonio/images/g13-2n-03.jpg

Tom

If that's a 21/2 shot I want a 21/2 too :-)

Seriously, the hard and challenging part (as I see it) is always to really see the world around you, isn't it. I'm right now isolated in middle of Sweden (to write a play) with the nearest neighbour miles away. Nothing but lakes, forrest and rivers around. Autumn is coming with all the beautiful colours in forests and upon lakes, but I've sort of got "stuck." I mean, how many red leaf pictures can one take? Still, I have to convince myself every morning that there IS a world out there that I have not yet met. It's so easy when you're travelling in foreign countries where everything is new to you. But at home... Maybe Olaf should make a TOPE based on this; seeing the drama in the little everyday life in ones neighbourhood. Or maybe that's what TOPE 7 is all about. Or is that ADITL? I don't know, I just would like to be able to gain for myself the courage to really open my eyes and keep 'em open.

I think there's a lot of "drama" in the WA and really liked your 21mm shot.

Henrik Dahl