Re: [OM] I Pulled a "Real Stupid"

Subject: Re: [OM] I Pulled a "Real Stupid"
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 09:32:58 +0100

Just goes to show how bad Coke (or Pepsi) really is ;-).

Something similar happened to me in January this year. I was busy cleaning the barbeque with Mr Muscle or something using a bucket of hot water in the garden. I bent down to pick up something and my brand new Palm m105 slipped inelegantly from my shirt pocket into the hot, greasy, caustic water of the bucket.

After exercising my inalienable right to be very cross at myself (after having removed it swiftly from the liquid), I pulled it apart and rinsed it briefly before using a hot air gun gently to dry it (from a distance!). After it was dry, I tried it and it worked, but with ghastly distortions on the screen.

I felt very sad, but it worked perfectly the next morning and has done since!

Glad yours works OK now Susan.

Chris