Re: [OM] no more carryons?

Subject: Re: [OM] no more carryons?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:07:22 -0700
I agree that Pelicans can take it, though their contents with lenses in mind might not with enough tumbling around. What about the insurance angle? My Amex coverage excludes camera equipment, for instance. Who sells insurance to travellers for camera gear? How much does it cost?

Another issue for Olympus system people: we own equipment (Zuikos and such) which in some cases is not easily replaced. Even if it's wrapped up securely and not dropped from a 12-story flight tower the possibility of luggage being "mislaid" is all too strong these days. Iberia managed to do just that to me again this summer flying from Heathrow to Barcelona and then on to San Sebastian. That's two trips in a row they've bungled it for me. Not encouraging.

Tris