Re: [OM] no more carryons?

Subject: Re: [OM] no more carryons?
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:22:18 -0700

Interesting interview this morning on CNN with the governor of South Dakota. He said his state had already volunteered to have their own armed guards trained by Federal marshals and then paid, by South Dakota, to ride on all flights into and out of that state. Then he went on to state his opinion about these people in general. This guy sounded about half serious, too.

Maybe for my next photographic journey I'll hop on a big bird with my Zuikos for South Dakota. <g>

Tris

Latest reports seem to indicate that the thrust will be for air marshalls on the majority of commercial flights and upgrades to cockpit security. It does not look like carry-on baggage will be banned. Here are a couple of links for those who want to read more:

<http://www.cnn.com/2001/TRAVEL/NEWS/09/26/rec.bush.aviation/index.html>http://www.cnn.com/2001/TRAVEL/NEWS/09/26/rec.bush.aviation/index.html

http://reuters.com/news_article.jhtml;jsessionid=JED55WTRCKGVWCRBAELCFEYKEEARKIWD?type=topnews&StoryID=247358

Jim Couch