Re: [OM] [OT] Afganistan thinking

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Afganistan thinking
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 11:16:10 -0500
On Sun, Sep 16, 2001 at 11:47:08AM +0100, Chris Barker wrote:
> And I hope that the news media in the USA is providing an objective
> view of the rest of the world rather than a populist or jingoistic
> one.

Well, we're not seeing the Palestinians dancing in the streets any
more...because the Palestinian authorities are censoring those images at
gunpoint, even resorting to kidnapping one reporter's wife and threatening
to shoot her if he reports any more about the celebrations.

Yeah, Americans like me are the only hotheads around. Pfaugh.