Re: [OM] OTF: Reliable? NOT!

Subject: Re: [OM] OTF: Reliable? NOT!
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2001 00:32:33 +0200
I just want to whisper in my most humble voice that I actually kind of like that hood. It's sort of my favourite. Now I'll tip-toe back to under the rock I came from...

Henrik Dahl

This is even more moronic than the slip-on hood I had for the 50mm /f1.8 on
my OM-1 (pre n).  Remember those hoods?  He had this friction ring idea
which was a good idea, but then to tense the friction ring, he designed a
very, very, shallow aluminum threaded hole into which was threaded a
miniature, aluminum fingerbolt.  So, you head out into the world with this
BOLT hanging off your hood.  Naturally, the first time you brush a coat
sleeve across the dangling BOLT, the thing bends.  When you straighten it,
you just weakened it further.  The second time you brush your sleeve against
the hood, the bolt snaps off.  Sheesh!  I loved to fire that OM-1 but the
hood was an expensive piece of crap in my book.

Sometimes, I'm tempted to just get an advanced p/s.  More and more
often.....

</rant mode>