Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 00:01:27 -0400
The problem with this concept is that this terrorist is worth $300 million USD. Now what proper living conditions are needed for him? I do agree on not throwing out the baby with the bath, so to speak, but if Afgnistan had taken care of him earlier this wouldn't have happened. Of course, from an interview with individuals in that country, if Monica L hadn't happened, they would consider the USA more respectable.

Gregg

Don't get me wrong. The people behind this cruel attack must be persecuted. But we live in a complex world. Terrorism is a reaction. People don't turn into terrorists if they are not forced into it. To exterminate terrorism, not armies are needed, but the establishment of proper living conditions. It has taken terrorism a long time to develop and it will take a long time to get rid of it. As the world is constructed today, it runs on the exploitation and discrimination of the mayor part of it's population by a minority of wealthy nations. I am afraid that the acts we have seen are the price we have to pay.