Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Terrorism thoughts
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 15:23:51 -0700

So-called by whom? I'm a white, liberal, shotgun owning, fly-fishing, bird hunting, SUV driving, picture takin', American male who doesn't cotton to finger pointing.

So called by me, I suppose, thus my usage of "so-called" to qualify the usage best I might. Afterall, it's not I who has made up our language over time. I only speak English.

You can hardly disagree that whatever usage we take and however these people are described, they exist and if "we" listen to them, if "they" prove to be in the majority, then nothing whatsoever will be done, indeed, the situation will only become more confused, more convoluted and "we" will be asked to feel even worse about "ourselves" for our transgressions against all the poor, misunderstood and maligned terrorists around the world who have all these just grievances against not only America the society but its individual citizens as well.

Thanks, but I'm not gonna buy into that, and you don't sound as if you will, either. So why pick a fight with me? I'm basically on your side. Let's not quibble over the details. <g>

Tris