Re: [OM] Re: Sports action inside gymnasiums

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Sports action inside gymnasiums
From: Gregg Iverson <golftooter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:37:21 -0400
Hi Tom,

We used to have a guy on the list (Mike ) who shot lots of B&W film at the University of Wyoming basketball games back in the early '80s. I remember this because his enlargements (seems they were 16 X 20) were superb with both the black and white players showing detail. I don't remember the details of the developer he used, though. Maybe he is still reading this and will offer some advice.

Gregg

Tom wrote:
Thanks for the comments, but this is my third season shooting in this gym.
I sit right on the sidelines, so close I have to be sure my feet aren't over
the line.  I use 800 film, as the 1600 is too grainy.  I use the 85/2
primarily, as a nice compromise.  I've used the 100/2 as well, but it is too
long.  It is not a full-size gym, in fact it is pretty small.  The 85/2
works when action is at the other end, while the 50/1.2 works great when the
action is at my end.  I have a little room to crop, which is ok, since I
have a 5500x3500 pixel image to work with.