Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: "M. Royer" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 15:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
When I was first getting into SLR photography (which
was only around 4 years ago for me, I was a sophomore
in HS) I had around $500 saved from work and such and
my mom (who is the big camera buff in the family- good
sized OM system, but I wanted a camera to call my
own... anyway back to the story) took me down to the
local camera shop to look at all the pretty, glitzy
SLR's from C@n0n and N1k0n, each promising that if you
buy them a better picture is automatic with autofocus.
Well I bought an EOS Rebel something and what I
thought at the time was a nice Canon 28-90 zoom. Also
at the camera shop was a used Olympus OM-4 with 35-70
3.5-4.5. The Canon cost approx 450 while the Olympus
cost $500 with the lens. I was given a 7 day trial for
the Canon and I'm certainly glad for it because IMHO
the EOS was about as close to POS as you could get,
the zoom was slow, the focus was sloppy and the pics I
got back looked like they were shot with a cheap,one
time use camera. Anyway to make a very long story
short I took it back and got the Olympus. I am not an
Ansel Adams but at least most of my shots come out
well focused and crisp. You also might want to take a
look at this link about auto focusing, I just stumbled
across it today.
http://people.smu.edu/rmonagha/third/af.html

Mark LLoyd