[OM] OM2 Spot/Program problem

Subject: [OM] OM2 Spot/Program problem
From: RumBoy <RumBoy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2001 13:17:50 +1000
Hi fellow OM-oholics

I was digging around in the shed the other day, and came across this OM-2 I'd forgotten I even had. My dad bought it at a garage sale eons ago and I got it off him, had a couple cheesy zooms and the main reason I bought it from him, a T32 flash. The cost of the lot more'n covered the value of getting that flash at a new price.

But I digress

The cam has a problem. When I got it, the mirror/shutter was "up" From reading posts here I discovered how to fix that by moving the ring to the red B or 60. but now what? I've put the batteries from my OM10 quartz in it (Which is working fine too btw ) :o) Found out it was just the 2x teleconvertor was fooling me.

I'm presuming that the battery types are compatible (?) but nothing happened. nothing lit up, cam still wouldn't fire without having the mirror stick up, needing to be released by the aforementioned procedure.

What may be the cause: The bit that is protruding from the body, next to the lens (A LED/self timer lever?) is missing. It has the "mount" part still there which turns on it's base, but I can't help but feel that this ISN'T the problem. but I'm not a camera tech so what would I know.

Any ideas anybody?  Is it just the wrong batteries?

I wish I could try the speedwinder trick that was mentioned elsewhere, but my winder is deader'n a dodo.

The reverse button isn't sticking either.. It's fine.

Cheers

Chris In OZ
The Snappy Australian