Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 21:41:39 -0500
All good points, and don't worry, even if I made an investment in an 'other'
system, I'd still be a Zuikoholic at heart.  Just sell a few of the lesser
used items and.....

I did a little homework, based on Bruce Hamm's posts (come on people,
haven't you played with these things) and came up with this 'sports kit':

EOS 7E Body - $460
75-300 f/4-5.6 Image Stablized EF - $490
50/1.4 USM - $365
85/1.8 USM - $390

Total = $1705

Prices new at B&H.  E*bay prices are about the same, which seems silly.

Not a trivial spend, but could be covered by selling some things.  Seems
like the 50 and 80 cover Basketball and the 75-300 covers soccer. You can't
say they're that expensive, compared to even good used OM.  The Image
Stablization combined with Autofocus appeals to the gadget freak in me.

I'm going to follow Bruce's advice and see if I can rent a setup for one
weekend.

One thing has me back on the fence. I just got back the rolls shot today.
The stuff with the 4T/50-250 all came out perfect.  With 400 speed film, I
was shooting 1/250-1/500 at f/8-f/11, so the depth of field covers my
mistakes.

Interesting academic discussion--might not do a thing.

On another note, the LS-4000 is living up to my expectations.  Started the
scan on the first frame and stopped it. Made a few changes in Vuescan to
perfect the settings.  Fired it back up, set to scan the entire roll and
walked away.

Tom