Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oh no, will the Zuikoholic defect?
From: "Bruce Hamm" <bhamm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2001 18:50:51 -0400
Heresy Tom, Heresy.

However, given the type of sports shooting you do, I'd be tempted to look at
the Canon EOS Elan 7E with eye controlled focus. With proper calibration, I
understand that it works quite well and I'd think it would be useful for
some of the sports you shoot. As for lenses, Canon makes a couple of long
zooms with image stabilization: 75-300 USM IS and 100-400 L USM IS. Canon is
soon to release a 70-200 f2.8L IS as well. In the short tele range, you have
and 85 1.8, 85 1.2L, 100 2, and 135 2. The L lenses are Canon's pro line and
that's reflected in their prices. The D30 is a fine camera, but Canon is
expected to roll out a 6MP model in the near future. IMHO, the Elan 7E is a
lot of camera for the money, but the lenses and digital body are going to
add up very quickly. I'd suggest that you really do your "due diligence"
here. When you've narrowed the possibilities, see if you can rent the set-up
you've chosen for a weekend to give it a thorough test before you buy.

B.

Bruce Hamm
Ottawa, Canada
bhamm@xxxxxxxx