[OM] Advice on what to carry

Subject: [OM] Advice on what to carry
From: "David Howells" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 20:39:41 +0100
RE: [OM] Back!Hello everyone,
I joined the list fairly recently and am inspired by the many interesting
topics, both on-topic and otherwise.
In fact this has given the inspiration to want to get out there and use my
OM equipment a bit more, especially the more newly acquired bits of it!  One
"new" item is a Lowepro micro trekker backpack which, on first "trial",
would appear to be big enough for 2 bodies and somewhere between 5 and 7
lenses (at a push).  The question is - which bodies and which lenses?
I intend to put the equipment in my car every day and stop en-route when I
see anything "interesting" on the 30 mile drive to/from work.  Also to take
one body/lens whenever I go for a walk at lunchtime etc. and to take the bag
with me to whatever I might be doing at weekends, not that there's much
excitement here in West Wales at the weekend (the highlight of this one is
the farm equipment auction in a field!).

My choices are:
Bodies: OM1 MD, OM-3 or OM-4Ti
Wide Angle Lenses: 21mm f3.5, 35mm f2
Standard Lenses: 50mm f1.8, 50mm f1.4, 55mm f1.2
Telephoto Lenses: 135mm f3.5, 300mm f4.5
Macro Lenses: 50mm f3.5, Tamron 90mm f2.5
Zoom Lenses: 35-70mm f3.5~4.5, 35-70mm f3.6, 100-200mm f5, 65-200mm f4,
85-250mm f5

What do you think?

David Howells
Ceredigion, West Wales, UK