Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto tre

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto trek.)
From: John Robison <omrobison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 17:25:08 -0700 (PDT)
--- Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Arm  photon torpedos... :)
>
> I disagree with your conclusion. I think the
> removeable shoe is a stroke of
> genius. It really is probably more of a personal
> preference issue. I like
> the clean lines and not having a bulky hot shoe that
> I NEVER use on top of
> my OM-2 and OM-1. It makes the camera even more
> compact to have it
> removeable. It also makes for an easy repair if you
> do damage the shoe. >
> Jim Couch
  Right on Jim! Have you ever noticed how hard it is
to slip a OM-1 into an oversize jacket or coat pocket
with the hot shoe attached? It's just a little thing
but gets caught on everything. I wouldn't be suprised
if Maitaini designed the camera with a removeable hot
shoe for the very reason that it makes the OM balanced
and beautiful.....fire photon torpedos Mr. Couch, I'm
with you on this one.     John Robison