Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto tre

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n (Was: Tom Scales - Random observations about myphoto trek.)
From: Jim Couch <JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 13:11:52 -0700
Arm  photon torpedos... :)

I disagree with your conclusion. I think the removeable shoe is a stroke of
genius. It really is probably more of a personal preference issue. I like
the clean lines and not having a bulky hot shoe that I NEVER use on top of
my OM-2 and OM-1. It makes the camera even more compact to have it
removeable. It also makes for an easy repair if you do damage the shoe. (I
am amazed at the number of SLRs out there with broken/non working hot
shoes.) I have never used a flash with my OM-1, and with the OM-2 I always
use "the ugly and weird-looking TTL autoconnector" as I have never liked
mounting the flash on the camera body itself. Ideally what I would like is
an OM-4 with the built in TTL connector, but a removeable hot shoe! (Which I
would leave off.)

Jim Couch