Re: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner
From: "Mickey Trageser" <mickeytr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:25:59 -0400
Dave,
I was working on the assumption that John has the same card as I do, since I
have the ACER 2740. I may not have revealed that on list. I gave him the
rundown I used when installing mine. The ACARD AEC-6710D PCI SCSI Controller
came with mine. It has no jumpers and no internal connector. It apparantly
requires no termination on the scanner. My main problem was the poor build
quality. The back plane was installed too low and caused the card to creep
out of the socket.... Once I figured that out, and adjusted it was fine.
Mickey