[OM] Silvernose and 135/3.5 redux

Subject: [OM] Silvernose and 135/3.5 redux
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:28:08 -0700 (PDT)
Did I mention that I got my negs back from that photo-shoot last
week with the 135/3.5?

Yowza!  For some reason, though, the silvernosed lenses just did
better.  <g>

Lab screwed up and didn't print the proofs, so I have an uncut
roll of film.  Will be scanning this weekend between rounds of
calculating RT60 for a couple of acoustic projects.  I'll do a
computer presentation of the shots and get real proofs done with
the next batch.

Yes, I know, you all want to see them...  Just let me figure out
how to build this web page thingy.  Then you will be constantly
inundated with "hey, check this picture out" messages.

Gotta get more silvernosed lenses, gotta get more silvernosed
lenses, gotta get more silvernosed lenses...  (Uh Oh! $$$)

(Ahem)

SILVERNOSED LENSES ARE JUNK.  They flare more. They aren't as
contrasty.  They're old.  The yellow/purple coating is garbage.
Only the Green-reflecting black-nosed Zuikos are worth buying.
You must evacuate your kit of ALL silvernosed lenses.

Disregard ALL previous positive comments about silvernosed
lenses. JUNK, I TELL YOU, JUNK!!!!  No self-respecting
Zuikoholic should be caught dead with a silvernosed Zuiko.  An
embarrasement.  How could any of you lower yourselves to possess
such substandard equipment.

Don't bother running the prices up on E*ay as they aren't worth
it.  Tom Scales, you should quickly shed these second-rate
losers as they are depreciating as you are reading this.  You
know my address.  It is with great sacrifice that I'm willing to
dispose of these lenses for you.  No need to *insult the masses*
by attempting to pawn this garbage off on your minions of that
drool over your "scraps".  They do not deserve to be treated to
silvernosed lenses.  Treat them better, will you?

Quickly, everybody, look at your lenses and if there is chrome
on the filter ring send it to me.

DO NOT BE CAUGHT WITH A SILVERNOSED LENS ON YOUR CAMERA!
Substandard photographs will result!

AG-Schnozz