Re: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner
From: RobBurn@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 18:24:39 EDT

Basics to check: Make sure that the power cord is connected. Make certain the
the SCSI cord is installed with the cord end with the cylinder attachment
plugged into the scanner. Make certain you are plugging into the SCSI "IN"
port on the scanner. set SCSI ID number on rear of scanner. (My 2720 works
great on the "2" setting.) Turn on scanner power and wait for self-test to
finish.

<< At this point, the directions say that I'm supposed to get a message
saying "New hardware found."

If you don't get the message, go to control panel > add new hardware > and
install scanner. See if the Windows message appears.

If it does, go to control panel > add new software > and install scanner
software.

After that...

Restart computer.

See if the Windows Wizard recognizes a new device. Check Control Panel. See
if the scanner icon now appears on the Control Panel display. It should be
there.

Unless there is some other problem.  ;-(

Robert