RE: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner

Subject: RE: [OM] Help: still problems w/scanner
From: "David Howells" <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:38:59 +0100
Mickey,
Depends on the kind of SCSI card as to whether or not you need termination.
On cards such as my Adaptec 29160N, which is a fast LVD adapter, both the
internal devices and the external devices must be terminated.  Internal is
easy, as you get the termination provided with the cable, but external
devices must have an inbuilt terminator in order to work.  One of my older
flatbed scanners doesn't and so won't work unless "daisy-chained" between
the adapter and the card.  When I tried the Nikon alone, with the
termination switched off, it wouldn't work.
However, I'm not sure if John actually has the drivers correctly installed
for his adapter yet :-)

David Howells

<Dave,
<Termination is a funny thing. I have the Acer 2740. It's the only device on
<the only scsi controller. It's not terminated. It works fine, thankfully.
<You ever seen a 25 pin scsi terminator?
<Mickey