Re: [OM] Re: framing

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: framing
From: "Richard Keefer" <Ric@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:45:29 -0400
David,

Many (many many) years ago I was involved in testing of lenses for motorcycle
goggles.  As I recall, the test was a 2 lb (1 kg) steel dart with a blunt point
dropped from 8 or 10 feet directly into the lens supported by the frame with a
foam face behind it. No part of the lens or dart could touch the face.  I
distinctly recall thinking - NO WAY do I want to get hit that hard.

Looks like the test was pretty accurate.

Ric