[OM] [OT] Motorcycle stories

Subject: [OM] [OT] Motorcycle stories
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:19:02 -0500
My worst experience was many years ago (almost 20), I was riding my
motorcycle up the freeway here in Austin (the first time I lived here).
Just wearing shorts, a golf shirt and flip-flops (the flip-flops are
important).

A wasp flys into my shirt and gets pissed off and starts repeatedly stinging
me in the chest. I get to the side of the road and rip off my shirt to get
it out.  My chest is literally swelling up from the bites and I'm worried
about breathing (no allergic reaction, thankfully).

I feel something on my feet and look down and it looks like I'm wearing
black socks (remember the flip-flops here).

I realize I had stopped while standing in a fire ant bed.  The black socks
were very angry fireants.

The pain in my feet was much worse than the pain in my chest. I could barely
walk for a couple weeks.  If you've never experienced a fireant bite, you
can't imagine the pain of hundreds, if not thousands, of them.

Tom