RE: [OM] [OT] Motorcycle stories

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Motorcycle stories
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 14:13:39 +0200
Hi,

> A wasp flys into my shirt and gets pissed off and starts repeatedly
stinging
> me in the chest.

Ouch!

> walk for a couple weeks.  If you've never experienced a fireant bite, you
> can't imagine the pain of hundreds, if not thousands, of them.

Oooooh, now THAT must have been an excruciating experience!!! :(((

On "two" related notes:
1-Gioka too discovered that "little black-yellow animals that hover from
flower to flower" are not to mess with! Indeed, last Sunday she made the
crucial mistake of deciding to give one a try for its taste. Well, I was
just a little bit too late to pull her back, and then she didn't want to let
go of the wasp until the wasp succeeded in stinging her in her lip. Poor
dog, her lip was fully swollen for some 2 hours! Let's hope she won't make
that mistake again.
2-A dog which my parents had made a similar mistake, which sounds more like
the fire ant experience. This was a really lazy and a bit fat dog and on a
hot summer's day she decided it was a good moment to take a nap in my
parents' backyard. So, after having found a suitable spot on the terrace she
was just dozing off when all of a sudden I noticed her bite her paw, then
she bit her side, than the other side, then she jumped up and looked down in
awe at a now almost completely black spot on the terrace where she had been
laying. Indeed, with her body she had managed to almost seal off the entries
to the ants' hideout under the terrace, so the ants didn't seem to be too
amused about that. It's a good thing we don't have fire ants over here...

Cheers!
Olafo