[OM] new user

Subject: [OM] new user
From: Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:34:04 -0300
Hi folks,
I've been watching this for a few days, and was wondering if I want to
be a part of this, but it seems to be clearing up some. I am totally new
to the forum, so please do not be offended if at first my input or
questions are old stuff, or repetitious to some.

I've a couple of questions. I want to get a wide angle lens, and cannot
afford the Zuiko line, so am considering the Vivitar 19mm or Series 1
19-35mm. Any advice on which is best would be appreciated, or if there
is another recommendation I am willing to consider it.

Secondly, I am just a hobbiest and normally shoot only family pictures
and flowers (with 2x vivitar macro), scenery, etc. I got cornered into
doing a wedding this Saturday for a relative, and frankly, am a little
nervous. I shoot with an OM PC, and an OM 10, and have just average
lenses, a Zuiko 50/1.8 of course, a Vivitar 28/2, Vivitar 28-80 3.5-4.5,
and CPC 135/2.8, and vivitar 80-200 zoom. I use a t20 flash, and so am
not really equipped for vertical shots without terrible shadows. I have
bought several rolls of portra 400vc and 160nc. I also have an old
olympus RC which I plan to do some portra 400BW with, and an Olympus
Infinity Stylus Epic (with 2.8) that I paln to use if all else fails. I
know this is pretty vague, but any advice would be appreciated.

Wayne