Re: [OM] OM-1: Meter always on when battery inserted

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1: Meter always on when battery inserted
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:39:49 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, Arild Eikenæs Vengen wrote:

> Like I metioned a couple of times in another tread ;-) I got a OM-1 and
> testing it now with a alkaline 1,5 volt battery, the meter-readings
> seems to be much too low and the meter isn`t reacting to the
> on/off-switch, the meter is always active. Can this relate to the wrong
> battery (1,5 vs. 1,35) or is it a camera failure?

If you have the shutter speed set to a very low speed and the aperture
ring set near the minimum aperture, the meter needle will be deflected.
This will occur even without batteries and is by design, there is nothing
wrong with your body if this occurs.  It sounds like this is what you're
seeing.
                                -mark