[OM] infrared amd OM's

Subject: [OM] infrared amd OM's
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:43:04 +0200
Hi,

Bernd wrote:
> Very interesting photos. And very interesting information, that IR =
> allows you to take pictures while you are not being seen by the ones =
> being photographed. Is this an interesting option for concert =
> photography in a totally dark club, where you certainly don't want to =
> use a flash and ASA would be beyond 3200?

Yes this is possible although the flash is not very bright in IR.

> One question: do you have to use filters in combination with IR =
> photography?

To create an "IR flash" you need to tape a special IR filter over the flash.
I forgot the Kodak Wratten number for IR, but it will be mentioned in the
brochure which comes with the film. I used the 5x5cm gelatine filter (a
decade ago it costed something like $10).
For "normal" IR photography you have to put the filter in front of the lens.
A dark red filter can do the job too.

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands