Re: [OM] Wedding bells and suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Wedding bells and suggestions
From: Bernd Möller <dsl33687a@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:25:53 +0200
Hi Olaf,

My congratulations to your forthcoming wedding. Gee, that must be exciting.

I've been to a dutch wedding recently; as you may recall my sister got married
in Amsterdam.

I shot 2 films after the wedding and on the party in the evening. I was happy
not to be the assigned wedding photographer, as she had a hard job to do. As i
was the best man, I could not have taken pictured during the ceremony anyway.
Sitting right in front, listening to the clerk's quite interesting speech in
Dutch, and then signing the contract and the amount of papers involved with a
dutch wedding, I had lots of things to do!

After coming home I made a prints of the best b/w pictures in 18x24cm and put
them into a wedding album, which the happy couple received yesterday. I'm not
so experienced in the printing business (and my sister could have done much
better since it's part of her job), but they were very pleased and surprised.

OM content:
Shooting side to side with that official photographer was fun. While she took
all the straight poses with her bulky Ni*on F5, I had a good time shooting
quite nice pictures in which the "real" feelings of the couple are visible. In
particular that where the bridegroom was asked to kneel beside the bride - a
pose so unnatural for them! My Om4Ti mostly with the 85/2 was ideal for that
purpose. And the light was perfect (slightly overcast) for work without flash.

Well, what to say more about getting married? I wish you two all the best for
your common future.

Best regards

Bernd