[OM] Wedding bells and suggestions

Subject: [OM] Wedding bells and suggestions
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 11:54:03 +0200
Hi,

Guess what?

Indeed, on August 23rd I'll be pronouncing the words "I do...". Seriously,
this is no joke, I'm getting married to my lovely Gioconda!

Now, I'm certain all of you are wondering who the brave man is who is going
to take the pictures, right?

Well, our own Hans van Veluwen is the (un)lucky one! :)

I have already performed light measurements in the church, and these are not
very encouraging, as even at 3200 ASA, at f2, some 1/15th sec. would be
needed on a badly overcast day. Matters will hopefully be better on the 23rd
of August, but still...

For this reason, we are very much interested in using some good high speed
film for at least a few available light shots. Fuji has recently released
something very interesting - the NPZ 800 film. According to Hans there's
also a 3200 (or was it 1600?) ASA variant of it, under the name NPX. Down
below I have included a few links with some info about this (and other types
of) film:

http://www.fujifilm.com/tcm.html?x-tempest-op=generic&ContentId=14081&UserTy
peId=4&CurrentTopCategory=10267&pagetype=ContentItemLeaf

http://www.shutterbug.net/news_flash/story.cfm?StoryID=3317

http://creekin.net/films.htm

Now the questions: has anyone of you actually used this film and/or have you
seen results of it? At present, we're thinking of using at least Supra 400
(or potentially Portra 400), but this new Fuji stuff sounds really good too.

Also, I guess the time is here to review John's wedding site, but I seem to
have misplaced the URL of it. Can anyone give me this URL?

Cheers!
Olafo