Re: [OM] Astrophotography

Subject: Re: [OM] Astrophotography
From: "c.e.packard" <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 00:05:15 -0500
Chris,
The maximum period for the Peresid meteor shower occurs this weekend.
Unfortunately for observers, there is a waning moon in the sky.
Unfortunately for me the Southeastern US is under cloud cover. You might
want to try and go out sometime this weekend sometime after midnight and
look East/Northeast for them. Also, find out what time the moon sets
where you live there maybe a window of opportunity for some meteor
photography.
A couple of Links:
The American Meteor Society
http://www.amsmeteors.org/