Re: [OM] Silvernose

Subject: Re: [OM] Silvernose
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2001 18:10:41 -0400

--- Gregg Iverson wrote:
> Ken,
>   If you don't already have the 24/2.8 you NEED one.  I just
> love my
> silvernose.

Chip cautioned:

You may not recall Ken's sordid past, when he was as much a Zuikoholic as
almost any of us. He did receive therapy, however, and (GET THIS!) managed
to actually pare down his Olympus kit to the bare essentials. He has been
very successful in resisting the temptations that most of the rest of us
have succumbed to, but he is still a recovering Zuikoholic.
Now along come people like Tom and Gregg trying to suck him back into the
wrenching maelstrom of Zuikoholicism again.

Yes, I remember. But we must help Ken stay in the fold. Besides, I would never suggest getting any OM stuff but the bare essentials. Now which items are those again? :-)

Ken responded:

The 24/2.8 is definitely a winner of a lens.  Absolutely love
mine, although its silvernose is a bit bent.

I would recommend that if given the opportunity, get the MC
version of this lens.  As suggested by another listmember, one
can always dremel the black off the nose.

I agree that the 21-24mm lens length should be mandatory in
every one of our bags.

OK, Ken. Now it's your turn to enable. Which should come first? The MC 24 or a 21?

Gregg