OT [OM] T-20 flash prices

Subject: OT [OM] T-20 flash prices
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 16:11:42 +1000
At 03:54 PM Thursday 2/08/2001, you wrote:
One of the points in this discussion was if you really want TTL control in a
smaller WEAKER strobe, there are those made by Vivitar, etc. that are
comparitively much less expensive that the "$45-$50" T-20. Also, they're
generally of higher quality.
<snip>

Larry

That "$45-50" T20 flash... it may not be big, and it may not be powerful but it sure is controversial...

This thread in general reminded me of my school days. I think it was the bit about packing up toys and going home that really did it. I remember a kid who knew how to manipulate people's minds when it came to trading football cards. Any card he didn't have he'd devalue until he got one (and usually more)... then it would through his own spin become valuable and rare, and be traded for yet other valuable things. When he had alot of something that wasn't valuable he'd talk up its virtues and 'overprice' it till his ends were met (ie. he got rid of them). I don't know what he did with the cards but he ended up as a car salesman and now owns his own car yard.

I think that element of a person's personality is termed the "Machiavelli factor" - the end justifies the means. Which reminds me of an experiment where they tested children's ability to feed bitter biscuits to their peers. They were given a reward of candy for each biscuit they could get their friends to eat. Those kids with high Machiavelliness fed dozens to their mates. Its amazing how personality traits in childhood persist throughout life...

Sorry I know its off topic.. but I marked it as such.