Re: [OM] 50mm 2.0 macro lens

Subject: Re: [OM] 50mm 2.0 macro lens
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 15:20:42 +1000

If you want to see some VERY NICE F/1.0 shots taken with a Leica Noctilux, you should check this link out. (Personally, I think at ~$2k and 630g, the Noctilux is grossly overpriced, but some can stomach it's price and weight.) For comparison to the Noctilux' weight, the Zuiko 50/1.2 is 254g, and the 35-80/2.8 is 650g.

http://www.shinozuka-family.com/f1/

Skip

It was interesting however that images 3 and 4 have highlights of the suns reflection in the frame. They aren't circular but rather oval. Clear evidence of off axis astigmatism. Does anyone have Zuiko f1.2 shots that show examples of this lenses bokeh. I haven't had mine long enough to comment on the f1.2's performance wide open.

Oben