Re: RE: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus...
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 20:38:30 +0100 (BST)
> And as far as Gun ownership goes in US -- once again
>
> the law-abiding gun owners in the US are being
> crucified
> for the evil and highly publicised wrongs
> perpetrated by
> a few crazies.  How would you like it if the
> thousands
> of annual deaths around the world on account of a
> small minority of wreckless, irresponsible drivers
> caused
> an uproar in the kinds of cars that people could own
> --
> outlawing "these kinds of cars" that nobody "needs"
> own.  Evil, evil, evil sports cars!
>
> Mark Hammons

I see your point, I don't think guns should be
completely band, I think there should be more laws in
place to prevent guns getting into the wrong hands. In
the case of the kid who shot his teacher, his
grandfather who owned the gun should be prosecuted for
allowing his grandson access.
In the UK we have band all handguns, which I think is
wrong, it put loads of people out of work and yet the
amount of shootings and deaths has stayed about the
same, due to illegal guns imported and not registered.
So people have gone out of business, and peoples
freedom has been taken away from them for nothing.

Chris