[OM] ASA dial question (OM-1n)

Subject: [OM] ASA dial question (OM-1n)
From: Michael Zimmet <mzimmet@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:38:08 -0400
One of the best things about the OM-1n is, of course, the fact that
the film speed dial is marked "ASA," and not the evil, United
Nations inspired, vast left wing conspiracy supported "ISO."  :)

Now, if I'm resetting that dial from ASA 25 (Kodachrome 25, which
has recently been discontinued by Kodak, if I'm not mistaken), to
ASA 400, is it okay to turn the dial clockwise (that is, from ASA
25, to ASA 1600, to ASA 1250, and so on down to ASA 400)? Or should
I try never to make that ASA 25 to ASA 1600 (or vice versa) jump,
and instead change from 25 to 400 via the ASA 32, ASA 40, ASA 50,
etc., route?

It's not a big deal, convenience-wise; I just don't want to damage
my camera by violating some ASA dial operation rule.