Re: [OM] Film statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] Film statistics
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 20:16:39 -0700
John:

Re: Letter to the editor, December 2000 Popular Photography:

...I recently traveled to Italy and took around 750 pictures, and every
slide was perfectly exposed-no bracketing needed.  my advice to Bob and Tim
would be to retire their current equipment and use the Nikon F5 and Nikon
lenses. (Their film and processing expenses should drop drastically!)..

The letter was signed by a Ralph Bembridge, Surrey England.

The editors assured Mr. Bembridge that he just didn't get it!  I imagine the
Mr. B is showing all 750 of his "perfect" slides in the basement of a
Methodist church, even as we speak...

A much more useful viewpoint is in the Nov/December issue of Photo
Techniques.  The editorial (by David Vestal) is entitled "You don't have to
Top Yourself".  His concluding paragraph:

"Better yet, do the work you enjoy most whether or not anyone else likes the
result.  If you're not doing this already, start now.  What do others know
about your work that you don't know better?  If  you're not in charge, who
is?  To do the best work you can at any time in your life, work a lot and
take plenty of chances.  Then you'll stay sharp, you'll be in practice, and
you'll earn your luck."

Bill Stanke