Re: [OM] Film statistics

Subject: Re: [OM] Film statistics
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:13:13 +0000
Just

At 22:38 7/23/01, Peter Leyssens calculated:

Hi,

I just went through my 338 pictures of the Far East again. Having travelled there quite a number of times, this seems like a disappointingly small number, but it was always for business, so I had little time for Zuikoholism.

I counted the following :

Good (with quite some doubt sometimes) (11) : 3.3%
OK (86) : 25.4%
Boring (177) : 52.4%
Bad (out of focus, really crap composition, mistakes) : 13.9%
1 Composite picture (9 shots) : 2.7%
Testing my P&S camera (8) : 2.4%

Went through the Provia 100F roll I just got back today.
- 1 of the 36 is a "blunder," an accidental shutter release
- 12 of the 36 will likely see a projection screen as they are decently composed, and would be of interest to tell the story of a "day trip," 33%. - of those 12, 3 or 4 stand on their own enough to be worthy of making larger prints, or about 10% .
- of those 3-4, only 1 _might_ be considered "gallery" type material, about 3%.

That's about par for me (except for the "blunder"). Maybe a few more than normal made the first cut as suitable for projection this time. I do take repetitive shots, sometimes to use different focal lengths, and sometimes to ensure I got a good, solid image when risking camera shake, or some other aspect of the composition is very difficult to control.

-- John