Re: [OM] eBay 50mm f1.2 BIN

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay 50mm f1.2 BIN
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 10:42:16 -0700
I certainly agree that horse trading's an art, and one which I've no clue about. When it comes to glass I buy what I want for what I can afford. I picked that 1.4 up from you because I trusted it would be (from you) in prime condition and would make a good functional normal for my daughter. No doubt I could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere, but it would have been a gamble, plus I've a time element pressing me as I leave next week. So I popped. And I don't care because I know she'll have a great lens for years to come.

I'm not saying price is no consideration. I'm not a millionaire. I work for a living. Hard. But cameras are a hobby and love for me so I'm willing to go by my heart more than my pocketbook. Which probably explains why I occasionally look with lust after 3Ti's when I know damned well they're overpriced and probably overrated to boot. <g>

Tris