Re: [OM] eBay 50mm f1.2 BIN

Subject: Re: [OM] eBay 50mm f1.2 BIN
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:45:50 -0700
on 7/22/01 11:29 AM, Tris Schuler at tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hawaiian Camera Supply had offered this same lens a little back, for the
> same BIN and reserve (which I assume was set at $328) with no takers. Now I
> already have a nice one--paid a bit more for mine, as a matter of fact and
> am quite satisfied--so I though I'd pass the news along for anyone with
> interest on this list. Apparently there's little interest in this lens,
> something I find hard to understand, so the next day I shrugged and bought
> it for myself. It isn't that easy to use, but there's nothing wrong with
> the pictures it takes.
>
> Tris

There might be a little interest, but I didn't want to pay that much... I
saw the Hawaiian Camera lens the first time they put it out... I already
have a 55/1.2 (with a sluggish diaphram, needs fixing someday) but I
wouldn't mind the 50/1.2 also. The posted tests suggest that it is a better
lens, but my pictures wouldn't typically need the difference. I don't need
it $300+ more... I like Tom's prices a bit more. I lost an e*ay auction with
a poorly listed one went for $153.19, and I had bid $153.11... so I'm still
watching.
--

Jim Brokaw