Re: [OM] Temporary copy stand work?

Subject: Re: [OM] Temporary copy stand work?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 19:04:29 -0700
Hi Michael:

<< I'd like to make copy negatives of.  Most are large (16x20) prints >>

You will be looking at a 1:13 repoduction ratio, so the 50mm f/1.4 will
probably suit you fine.  I sometimes resorted to a 35mm lens for this
size reproduction, since I typically had to reverse the center post of
my tripod (like you) to do such copy work and working distance becomes
an issue.  You would be too far away with your 100mm!

You will need to meter off a grey card and possibly use a polarizing
filter if reflections off of old glossy prints becomes an issue for
you.  Any ISO 100 or slower B&W film will suit you.  Don't forget to
lock up the mirror on the OM-1.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV