Re: [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical or electronic shutter? Does it need batte

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical or electronic shutter? Does it need batteries for shutter?
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 11:10:29 +0800
Both OM-1 and OM-3 shutter need no battery to operate. I think OM3 has
different mechanical construction from the OM-1, not the mention the
LCD display. The manufacturing quantity of OM3 is very small, it is
not easy to find spare parts (may be the 3Ti's parts can be used but
repair cost will be high). On the other hand the OM-1(n) is largely
available.

Now I have four OM1ns, two for spare part and two are working very
accurately. I also have a OM3 that is more or less for collection but
can't afford a spare.

C.H.Ling