Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical or electronic

Subject: Collectible OM-3 condition-> was [OM] OM-1(n): mechanical or electronic shutter? Does it need batteries for shutter?
From: Oben Candemir <retina@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:14:13 +1000

Now I have four OM1ns, two for spare part and two are working very
accurately. I also have a OM3 that is more or less for collection but
can't afford a spare.

C.H.Ling

What condition must a camera be to be "for collection". Is baseplate scuffing too much for a collectible camera? Does it really need to be solid mint?

I just received my OM-3 I bought on Bay for $595 and it is in very nice shape. I was a little bit suspicious that some of the brassing had been painted over but a dab with some isopropyl alcohol left no black marks on the white wipe so it looks OK. There is very minor brass at the very lower parts of the lens mounting area.. the bottom corners, and also small amount on the corners of the shoe.

I bought it as a user, but it is a very nice user I have to say. I really want one as a collection piece too but I have some more time to find one of those now that I have one example that I can use. Life's too short to just keep this one in the cabinet.... may as well enjoy it.

Oben